Mansfield Public Library, Temple, New Hampshire
Mansfield Public Library, Temple, New Hampshire
Temple, New Hampshire Common
Temple, New Hampshire Common

Temple, New Hampshire

Like Sharon, Temple was originally known as Peterborough Slip when first granted in 1750. Temple was incorporated in 1768 in honor of John Temple, lieutenant governor under John Wentworth. Temple was home to the Temple Glass Works, founded in 1780. The short life of the business makes Temple glass rare and sought after today.

Population: 1,360 - Area: 22.2 square miles