Sharon, New Hampshire

First settled in 1738 as part of Peterborough, Sharon was known as Peterborough Slip or Sliptown. It was incorporated as Sharon in 1791 following the readjustment of a number of town lines. The name was that of a Connecticut town from which many settlers had come. Sharon is in the heavily forested highlands west of the Wapack Ridge (Burton, Holt and Temple mountains).

Population: 340 - Area: 9956 acres